Hotel Operations Management
Describing in great depth and detail all areas of hotel administration, this accurate book provides an up-to-date and comprehensive examination of the responsibilities of a hotel general manager. It shares with readers the procedures effective managers use to ensure their hotel¿s–and their own–ultimate success. KEY TOPICS This unique approach addresses all of the operating departments of a full-service hotel–Human Resources, Controller, The Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Safety and Property Security, Sales and Marketing, Facility Engineering and Maintenance–from the viewpoint of the General Manager. It also explores franchise agreements and management contracts, purchasing a hotel, and career opportunities. For current and future hotel general managers, and hotel department heads–i.e., executive housekeepers, directors of sales, controllers, and front office managers.
From the Back CoverHotel Operations Management describes, in great detail, exactly what the General Manager of a full-service hotel must know to be successful. Its up-to-date and comprehensive coverage of all areas of hotel operations make it an essential addition to the professional library of the serious hospitality student.
Special features of the book include:
- "This Chapter at Work," an introduction to each chapter's content
- "Chapter Outlines," to make it easier to find essential information
- "Hotel Terminology at Work," extensive definitions of important hotel terms
- "The Internet at Work," references to valuable internet sites that provide critical supplemental content and information
- "Managers at Work," real-life case studies designed to place the reader in the decision-making role of the hotel general manager
- "Issues at Work," problems and questions at each chapter's end designed to test the reader's mastery of each chapter's content
- Extensive checklists and forms that aid general managers in their daily work
In addition to its in-depth coverage of hotel operations, the book includes valuable information about:
- The history of the hotel industry
- The Global Distribution System (GDS) and its importance to the sales effort
- STAR (Smith Travel Accommodations Reports)
- Hotel management companies
- Buying and franchising a hotel
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.